Unlock the Four Keys to Emotional Intelligence and High Performance
One of the first companies I delivered Emotional Intelligence training to was Boeing. These were some of the smartest engineers in the world. But I was brought in to help them communicate with their teams more effectively. Help them persuade others, lead and manage in inspiring ways. As a result, employee engagement scores increased, there was lower turnover, and motivation went up significantly.
Most of us received formal education that centered on intelligence and technical skills. Soon we realize we need to get along better with our teammates, we need better listening skills, and tactics on how to have difficult conversations that don’t divide or destroy relationships, but build trust and lead to greater loyalty and sustainability.
- Companies that succeed today are recognizing the vast pool of emotions.
- Companies are trying to develop Emotional Intelligence skills that promote higher purpose and how to work together with resilience and adaptability in times of uncertainty.
- Providing relational skills for personal leaders, sales professionals, and individual contributors that help them be more motivating and impactful to others– while leading more powerfully with empathy and authenticity.
- Tuning in to your own emotions.
- Understanding how emotions drive your behaviors and how they impact others.
- Realizing the contagious influence of emotions and how positive emotions create better feelings and drive higher performance.
- We call it the 17% moments when the stress hormone cortisol can potentially hijack your best results.
- How to self-manage with critical technique and strategies for resilience, same tactics that Navy SEALs and elite SWAT teams use.
- Increase listening skills.
- Being fully present and not distracted.
- Seeking to understand and validate the feelings and ideas of others.
- Reading and responding to people’s emotions.
- Effective communication.
- Inspiring others.
- Being relationship-centered versus self-centered.
- Ability to have difficult conversations.
- Seeking feedback.
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.