The Two Most Important Words That Determine Life of a Leader
One of my favorite quotes that always makes me smile is by Tina Fey, “Say yes, and you’ll figure it out afterwards.”
- You stop just prior to the new opportunity
- You stay safe because when you say no, you don’t have to risk or try the new
- Saying “no” feels secure; fear is a nice retreat that keeps you from potential failure
- It’s filled with “no seekers” where the masses and followers hangout.
- It is exhilarating! In 1961, John F. Kennedy said, “We chose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things, not because they are are easy, but because they are hard.”
- Saying “yes” creates an abundance mindset, not scarcity or small but enlarging and expanding.
- Saying “yes” creates high expectation. No one is inspired by low expectation, set a high bar!
- “Yes” is deeply rewarding and fulfilling
Here’s to your “yes!”
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.