Five Sure-Fire Ways to Make a Difference
You’ve heard it said:
“measure what you treasure”
I’ve been doing some soul-searching around how I measure my difference-making in the lives of my family, team, friends, and those privileged to serve as clients. As a result, I’ve been drawn to a type of “report card” or simple assessment.
For me, it comes down to five sure-fire way to make a difference– five questions:
1. Am I 100% clear in my awareness?
Ignorance isn’t bliss, it’s blind. I prefer to have clarity on what matters most.
- Am I living my daily purpose with passion?
- Am I living my five stated values: faith, family first, hard work, leadership, and fun-factor?
- Am I adding value to others I serve?
- Am I investing in my key relationships and not letting them slip?
My agenda moves me from awareness to intention.
- Do I maintain rituals of discipline– my morning ritual, soulful ritual, prioritization, and corporate athlete protocols of healthy nutrition and disciplined fitness?
- Do my tasks take me to the top of my desired outcomes?
- Joy colors everything in our life.
- A positive attitude allows you to see things as a glowing opportunity rather than an obligation.
- I’m putting some dancing moments, laughing, loving, and playing at a higher priority.
- Intention without action is a hope and dream.
- Moving into action puts the brain in accelerated gear toward success.
- In combat, marines are trained to keep moving– don’t be stationary.
- “Attack the attack.”
- Evaluate accomplishments. Fine-tune your efforts. GO BIG!
Take this “report card” and do a little soul-searching. Difference-making begins with honesty and recalibrating around what you truly treasure.
Here’s to being a difference-maker!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.