Emotionally Intelligent Leaders “Play Big”
Emotional intelligence affects how we manage our emotions under stress, navigate relationships, and achieve positive results.
Here are twelve ways emotionally intelligent leaders play big:
1. They don’t jump to judgement.
2. They remain calm during challenging times and relationships.
3. They pause before reacting immediately.
4. They remain present and engaged.
5. They understand how emotions affect their behaviors.
6. They can see from another’s frame of reference.
7. They can admit when wrong.
8. They see and bring out the potential in others.
9. They accept the times they play small in themselves and work to play big more.
10. They live with appreciation in their lives.
11. They allow others to have a difference of opinion.
12. They focus on the desired consequences.
Emotional intelligence is not a soft-skill, it is a hard-edge leadership skill that can be developed and helps lead us to positive results and success. Let’s work to “play big” more often.
Here’s to playing big!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.