My 2018 Ultimate Kick-Start List
1. Increase and track my water intake—increase my current water consumption by 2x
2. Do a 15-minute morning yoga sequence twice per week (via YouTube)
3. Keep my morning ritual of 20-20-20—20-minutes spiritual time, 20-minutes of reading, and 20-minutes of identifying my MVPs (Most Valuable and Profitables) for the day/week/month
4. Excel in giving (time, talents, and treasures)
5. Follow our financial/wealth plan
6. Send handwritten notes to my clients
7. Call my parents and sister on a regular basis
8. Live more simply and purchase only what I need
9. Connect with each of my grown children once a week
10. Play with my grandchildren and speak life and confidence into them—cell phone free time!
11. Play music in the mornings and worship music throughout the week
12. Focus on my BIG 5 each week—my three professional “must haves” and two personal “stretch goals”
13. Write my 2018 book—also write my weekly blog for e-news and social media
14. Reduce processed foods, sugar, and alcohol intake
15. Increase my raw food consumption—including chicken, fish, and vegetables
16. Go to bed on time and rise early—be up before the sun!
17. Stay disciplined with annual testing
18. Keep my “Monday Momentum” call and “Friday Follow Up” call with my Executive Assistant, Jamie
19. Continue my four workouts per week
20. Continue reading at least one book per month
21. Schedule weekly “thinking time” each week to reflect and review
22. Pause throughout my day to give thanks—breath more
23. Clean out my closet and home office quarterly
24. Schedule quarterly target shooting with friends
25. Go to local live music concerts
26. Drink more tea and less coffee
27. Plan Julie and I’s next international travel destination/trip
28. Double my time outdoors—cell phone free time!
29. Continue daily walks when I am home—cell phone free time!
30. Delete apps on my phone that I do not use—less is more!
31. Put my phone away an hour before bedtime
32. Time block 60-90 minutes each morning for my MVP work
33. Track my 90-day goals to stay accountable
34. Keep investing in my inner-circle
35. Always do more than others expect of me
36. Complain less—speak like a leader, not a victim
37. Pray daily for my family
38. Explore new places with Julie on our date nights—cell phone free!
39. Provide extraordinary value to my Executive Leadership Coaching clients
40. Be a leader to the leaders I serve
41. Plan and executive quarterly getaways with Julie
42. Give more and take less in 2018
43. At the close of each day, give thanks for all I have been given
I’m sure you are taking time to reflect and review on 2017, and are resetting your priorities for the year ahead. 2018 will be an exceptional year of purpose if we are purposeful with our international focus. Think quality time, purposeful time, relational time, spiritual time, and investing time.
Here is to your successful and meaningful 2018!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.