Quick Energy Assessment: How Do You Rank?
- Did you know that consumers buy over four million cans of Red Bull each year? The company behind 5-Hour Energy reported sky-rocketing sales.
Why? The Epidemic of Fatigue
People everywhere are stretched thin, believing just one more week of their frantic pace and they can gain more balance.
Question: Are you tempted to look for short term quick fixes?
While the example of an energy drink might bring short-term alertness, it’s no way to handle the chronic brain fatigue so many of us have to come to view as normal.
Energy starts with health and there are no shortcuts!
The biggest way to increase your overall energy level is, of course, to take care of your health.
Here are Seven Energy Enhances Leaders Tap Into (Short Energy Assessment):
Score yourself on a scale of 1-5 (1=low and 5=high)
- I get 6-8 hours of sleep per night and wake feeling refreshed and ready to start my day: ______
- I limit my alcohol consumption and do not rely on any substances to jump-start my energy or de-stress at the end of the day: ______
- I minimize caffeine, especially mid-to-late in the day: ______
- I maintain purpose-driven short breaks every 90-minutes throughout the day to drink water, walk, or eat healthy snacks. (My mantra is “pulse intense work and pause!”): ______
- I drink 80+ ounces of water per day: ______
- I exercise four times per week (a 20-minute power walk counts): ______
- I unplug at designated times during my day, including a hard-stop each evening to be present and allow my mind/soul to recharge: ______
9-10: Low energy, need to re-evaluate and reset
11-14: Moderate levels of energy, potential room to improve and gain greater energy
15-21: Good energy, good habits that can be great with improvements
22 or above: Exceptional energy, look for small pockets to leverage higher purpose, energy, and performance in alignment
Recent studies revealed that high-productivity leaders work with intensity for approximately 52-60 minutes, followed by a 17-minute break.
Productivity is about focused energy,
not time management.
Look over the short reset Energy Assessment and ask yourself, “How can I increase my energy tomorrow and what adjustments can i make?”
NOTE: My Full Potential half or full-day workshop comes with our complete Energy Assessment.
Steve’s powerful programs grow leaders at every level.
BRING STEVE TO YOUR NEXT EVENT!
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.