UP YOUR GAME: Increase Your 12 Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
Are you playing at your best?
Not perfect– but your BEST. There are 12 highly effective skills for today’s professionals. If you manage people, look to develop these to bring out the best in them and yourself. If you are an individual contributor looking to increase your influence and impact, learn to master these.
- Staying calm under pressure
- Knowing how emotions impact behaviors
- Understanding your emotions are contagious
- Being open to change
- Being comfortable with uncertainty
- Willingness to ask for help
- Being highly energetic
- Being goal-oriented
- Setting high standards of excellence for yourself
- Expressing effective and open communication
- Not taking disagreements personally
- Including others in a discussion and listening
- Being a good example of attitudes
- Inspiring people to excel
- Giving clear and sometimes tough but honest feedback
- Honest, open, and real
- Building trust through sincerity
- Being brave enough to share appropriate vulnerability
- Rarely acting impulsively
- Managing strong emotions, especially anger
- Managing perspective and having a sense of humor
- Not being judgemental
- Being aware of others’ moods and feeling
- Being a good listener
- Using positive language for myself and others
- Believing I can influence the outcome
- Handling a setback without getting derailed
- Leading with a heart and an edge
- Demonstrating humility
- Setting high expectations for yourself and others
- Being centered as a leader
- Being purpose-driven
- Believing strongly in my own ability
- Accepting feedback in a positive manner
- Admitting to weaknesses and mistakes
- Recognizing triggers or responses to pressure situations
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.