Four Keys to Emotions and Customer Experience
I’ve outlined four big questions to ask yourself (and maybe your team too) when it comes to creating these experiences.
1. Was the customer “surprised and delighted” in a good way?
2. Was the customer happier after the experience compared to before?
3. Did they feel special and valued?
4. Do they want to tell others about the experience they had?
Emotions drive our behaviors.
Emotions are everywhere and are the biggest factor in how we make decisions around our products and services.
I encourage you to gather your team members and discuss the following:
1. What do we do to make our customers feel unique, special, and valued?
2. How do we include our customers in our process to ensure customization and that their needs are met?
3. How do we surprise and delight to make the experience memorable?
4. How do we create a level of loyalty that leads to lasting love and respect?
People don’t remember ordinary moments. People don’t get excited about what is reasonably expected. People remember moments that make them feel:
Here’s to the emotional economy of your customers!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.