“I Have a Dream” My Seven Statements
2020 was slated to be my most significant year of inspiring greatness in others. But then, these things happened:
- shelter in place
- rescheduling or cancellation of events
After sliding into my version of the stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, profound sadness, and then acceptance), I went back to my seven statements of “I have a dream”:
1. Exchange my weakness for God’s strength– for me daily in order to be all that I can become.
2. Unleash my imagination and look at the future through my “mind’s eye”. Imagine the possibilities.
3. Don’t focus on the resources. Focus on resourcefulness, energy, and personal drive.
4. Fuel my faith daily. For where there is no faith in the future, there is no power in the present.
5. Attract dream believers, leaders, winners, people with grit, to join with me.
6. Paint a clear picture of our future in the next 2-3 years of “what’s possible” and “what we can accomplish”.
7. Trust that God has resources, people, and plans that are greater than that I can ever look for, think about or even imagine. (My Life verse Ephesians 3:20)
Funny thing: After “plan A” blew up “plan B” emerged to be greater:
- Co-authored Mike Acker Lead With No Fear (wrote and published in 90days), best-seller!!!
- Delivering virtual keynote programs weekly
- Working and partnering with some outstanding companies, organizations, and coaching clients
Create your custom dream statements and watch. Work. See what happens!
I have a dream!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.