25 Things Leaders Need to Know About Success
2. You cannot achieve what you have not defined.
3. Concentrate on one main goal.
4. Remember, yesterday ended last night.
5. He who does not look ahead remains behind.
6. You will never go farther than your imagination takes you.
7. Remember, failure is not an event, it’s an attitude.
8. The first step towards success is leading yourself with self-discipline.
9. Manage your emotions and learn to pause before reacting immediately.
10. 80% of the time, work where you are strongest.
11. Feed your energy with daily fitness.
12. One minute of thinking is more valuable than an hour of unplanned work.
13. How I get along with others is the foundation to my success.
14. Trust is the key to sustainable success.
15. Talent is a gift but character is a choice.
16. Set clear undeniable “stretch goals” for the year to hit the mark aim above it.
17. Show up early.
18. Follow through with excellence.
19. Treat your clients like royalty.
20. My mantra is, “I’m on a one day contract.”
21. Keep going when others don’t.
22. Work harder and smarter.
23. Swear off shortcuts.
24. Try something new.
25. Be a servant-leader.
Here’s to your continued success!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.