15 Ways Leaders Make a Difference
Why go through the time and trouble of increasing your leadership when you can just “go with the flow?” The answer is simple, strong leadership always makes a difference. I like what Craig Groeschel says, “When the leader gets better, everyone gets better.”
I’ve seen this first hand in organizations, the difference good leadership makes. Here are 15 ways leaders can make a difference:
1. Create a growth-mindset for your team
2. Bring an energy that is contagious
3. Reject the status-quo and require new ways of innovation and service
4. Refuse to blame others and model responsibility, always
5. Find the “seeds of solution” in problems and challenges
6. Set a pace that is brisk but not hurried
7. Be open to new ideas and allow the best ideas to win
8. Learn and understand servant leadership. It’s at the heart of true, lasting success
9. Unlock the aspirations of others by asking what dreams they have
10. Inspire others with an inspiring vision
11. Emphasize the power and momentum of team unity
12. Reject any and all forms of victims (this includes mindset and vocabulary)
13. Be self aware of your personal strengths and weaknesses, as well of those of your team members
14. Care for your team by showing acts of kindness
15. Always show confidence and courage
Show your team, your clients, and your family leadership today! It’s your turn to make a difference because leadership matters!
Yours in Leadership,
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.