15 Things Leaders Do To Build A Great Culture
Here are 15 things they do that you can do, too:
1. Crystalize your primary reason for being
2. Talk about what’s most important right now
3. Prioritize what is important and who is responsible for what during the execution process
4. Be available and approachable – go on a listening tour to uncover your teams needs and challenges
5. Model expected attitude and emotions
6. Value your team and treat them like a “10”
7. Foster positive interactions and solutions
8. Continually emphasize purpose and why it is important
9. Define your culture and what makes you special, unique, and extraordinary
10. Hire for culture – train for skill
11. Train culture through trainings, meetings, and in the here and now, virtual activities
12. Plan for virtual fun and have some fun
13. Celebrate staff and their ideas continually
14. Tell stories about the mission lived as a business and team
15. Value and love employees as if they are family
The best leaders truly value and invest in their employees. They hire for culture and fit.
Here’s to your unique and great culture!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.