15 Interesting Facts About Millennials and Why it Matters to Leaders
Here are 15 interesting facts to help you better understand working with millennials:
- 63% have a bachelors degree.
- 45% believe a decent paying job is a privilege not a right.
- 88% prefer a collaborative work culture rather than a competitive one.
- 92% believe business success should be measured by more than just profit.
- 80% say they prefer on-the-spot- recognition and coaching, over formal reviews.
- 69% believe office attendance is unnecessary on a regular basis.
- 84% say that helping to make a positive difference in the world is more important than career recognition.
- Millennials value community, family, creativity, and innovation in their work.
- Millennials are most effective at switching tasks quickly and appear to be doing them simultaneously.
- Millennials are the most racially diverse generation and are more tolerant and understanding of different races.
I say one of the keys to human understanding and unlocking human potential is, “look for the gold, not the dirt.” Be the business or organization that celebrates some of the unique aspirations of millennials and access the large talented pool of those that can be loyal and phenomenal work.
What is your company doing to attract and retain the best millennial talent?
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.