Twelve Covenants for Healthy, High-Functioning Teams
If I cannot trust someone, I will not count on them.
There is no substitute for character. You can buy brains and talent, but you cannot buy character.
Anytime you desire to build a team, you have to begin by building and reinforcing character in individuals.
- Team character
- Team culture
- Team trust
- Team covenants
Here are 12 covenants for healthy, high-functioning teams:
1. We will accomplish what we do together
2. We will all accept full responsibility
3. We will not keep secrets
4. We will not lie to ourselves or each other
5. We will keep our word
6. We will keep our emotions in check
7. We will commit to personal development and leadership
8. We will not resolve conflict via email
9. We will treat our workplace like our home, and our teammates like friends
10. We will always live and operate by the “golden rule”
11. We will look out for each other and leave no man or woman behind
12. We will win and become the standard by which others measure success and greatness
There’s an old saying, when it comes to team, either we’re pulling together or we’re pulling apart. Take some time to think about your team covenants and discuss them as a team. Now is the time!
Here’s to healthy teams!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To bring Steve to your next meeting, event, or conference, please contact Michelle Joyce! We look forward to working with you!
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.