Three Sure-Fire Ways to Grow Your Potential
Did someone ever try to limit your potential?
Did someone or some past experience try to define you as “average?”
Have you had anyone believe in you before you could master the faith to believe in yourself?
I was blessed to have parents that believed in me.
I was blessed to have a spiritual mentor that took time to influence me at a crossroad in my life.
I was blessed by a football coach that once said, “Gutzler, you are a great player and leader!”
Trust me, I have had my share (sometimes an unfair share) of people who did not believe in me; you are not alone.
I’d like to share a few personal facts/stories with you:
- My first book was sadly declined by a publisher who told me writing may not in my DNA. But, my new book, Splash: The Ten Remarkable Traits to Build Momentum in Life and Leadership, is an international bestseller!
- My first full-day leadership training got poor reviews.
- When I packed my family up to move to Seattle three decades ago I had a trusted mentor tell me it was a “big mistake.” Well, I’ve built a company with blood, sweat, and tears that has been very successful. My move to Seattle was NOT a mistake!
We’ve all had good and bad influencers that either lift our potential or tear it down. With that being said, here are my four sure-fire ways to grow your potential:
1. Concentrate on three MEGA goals and try to avoid overextending yourself
What will be your three “must haves” in 2018?
2. Ignore the past (good or bad)
I love the scripture, “Forgetting what lies behind me, I stretch forward to what lies ahead.”
3. Concentrate on your craft of excellence
I’ve been reading Darren Hardy’s book, The Compound Effect. He shares a lot of great content about choices and habits that compound.
4. Commit to continual improvement in your professional career, health/fitness, and family relationships.
Develop the leaders around you and fuel their potential!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.