Eleven Ways Leader’s Create a “WWW” Mindset
“WWW” stands for “We Will Win” which is a mindset for successful teams.
Is your team winning? You’ve set goals and targets, are you achieving your “must have” outcomes for this year?
It’s not just about goals and targets, leaders foster collaboration and unified trust:
- Leaders create a climate of trust and mutual respect.
- Leaders facilitate relationships and bonds of connection.
- Leaders show trust to their team to build trust.
- Leaders have the “we will win” mentality by asking questions, listening to solutions, and taking advice in order to make shifts or changes.
- Leaders get their team to interact rather than settling into work climates of individualism.
Several major research studies support the trust-building actions taken by effective leaders. Price Waterhouse Cooper’s study on corporate innovation in companies listed on the Financial Times 100 notes trust as the number one differentiator between the top 20% companies and bottom 20% that were surveyed.
The more trusted people feel, the better they innovate, improve, and succeed.
You may be wondering how to build WWW mindsets and here are eleven ways to do so:
1. Share openly about who you are as a leader and what you believe and value most.
2. Admit mistakes.
3. Acknowledge you are growing and improving.
4. Ask for feedback (positive and negative).
5. Listen attentively to what others are saying (device-free).
6. Invite emerging leaders to important meetings.
7. Share information that’s useful to others.
8. Openly acknowledge the contribution of others.
9. Show you are willing to change your mind when someone comes up with a good idea.
10. Say, “We can trust them!” and mean it.
11. Close every meeting with the saying, “We will win!”
Remember, trust is contagious and it starts with the leader.
Here’s to WWW (We Will Win)!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.