Eight Ways to Increase Your Leadership Influence and Success
My parents reminded me, “Steve, be an influence,” every time I’d head out the door growing up. They taught me, challenged me, and reminded me to always be the influencer… the leader.
Do you need to increase your influence with others?
Here are eight ways to increase your influence and success in the months to come:
1. Reflect: Start your day slow by being thoughtful and seeking new insights for effectiveness.
2. Skills: Whatever your core strengths may be, hone your craft daily.
3. Integrity: Close the gap on any unfulfilled promises you make to yourself and others.
4. Priority: Figure out your main “thing” and engage in it daily. Know your business and what’s not your business.
5. Wisdom: I love the quote by Pastor Ed Young, “Knowledge fills heads but wisdom changes lives.” Read wisdom literature!
6. Success: Define it, document it, see it, and seize it.
7. Confidence: Every life you touch, every moment you live, live with undeniable confidence. Daily disciplines that make you feel confident are worth finding and making a part of your daily routine.
8. Connection: Be emotionally intelligent, self-aware, charismatic, caring, and show people you care by really caring for them.
If we work on these, we will increase our influence with others and success will follow. Every day, in any way you can, be an influencer of goodness and excellence.
Here’s to growing your influence and success!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.