Corporate Athlete Clean Eating Plan
I ask each of my Executive Leadership Coaching clients and the organizations I partner with to become “corporate athletes.” A corporate athlete is a leader who values and commits to health, fitness, and nutrition purposefully, as part of their leadership protocol.
For a leader to function at his/her best, it’s a matter of commitment to choosing cleaner foods and developing healthy eating habits.
Three immediate benefits will emerge when changing your diet:
- Energy and focus
- Personal confidence and pride
- Healthier body image and self-esteem
What does eating clean as a corporate athlete mean? I suggest we keep it balanced and real. Focus on wholesome foods that don’t contain a laundry list of ingredients, additives, and preservatives.
My wife, Julie and I are committed to clean eating with the rare exception of social gatherings and special meals. I am excited to share our “go to” list of foods to get started. Feel free to print and keep for your personal reference.
- Lean, organic proteins such as eggs, chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, salmon, halibut, pork loin, and lean beef
- Black beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, lentils (no salt added)
- Fruits such as berries, apples, pears, citrus fruits, banana, melon, grapes, lemon, and lime
- Vegetables such as lettuce, kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushroom, celery, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, and sweet or russet potato.
- Whole grains such a quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and buckwheat noodles
- Rolled oats and whole grain waffles
- 100% whole grain crackers, wraps, and english muffins
- Unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- Raw almonds and pistachios
- Natural peanut or almond butter
- Almond milk or coconut water
- Olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Cheese such as crumbled feta, ricotta, mozzarella, cheddar
- 100% maple syrup
- Whey or plant-based protein powder
- Salsa or pesto
Depending on your knowledge and creativity, I suggest this becomes your clean eating food list (or something similar). We enjoy looking up healthy recipes online as well. Let’s commit to be corporate athletes!
Here’s to your health and energy!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.