The 21 Habits Highly Successful Leaders Practice
Leaders know this:
“We form our habits and our habits form us.”
1. Understanding that serving others is a strength and not a weakness.
2. Being consistent.
3. Allowing yourself to move on from negative experiences and feelings.
4. Leveraging gifts daily and sharing.
5. Letting go of perfection and getting started.
6. Learning the power of active meditation and breathing to reduce stress.
7. Reading a wide range of literature (fiction or non-fiction).
8. Building up others with words of affirmation.
9. Daily fitness that includes walking outdoors.
10. Resting and napping.
11. Taking 100% responsibility for your own emotions and impact on others.
12. Learning how to effectively listen and being present.
14. Keeping your promises to yourself and others.
15. Acknowledging and working on your flaws and blind spots.
16. Making a decision and acting with boldness.
17. Sustainable pace and balance.
18. Embracing humor and simple pleasures.
19. Showing patience especially to those in the service industry.
20. Say “thank you”, “I appreciate you”, and “you are doing great”.
21. Being yourself, and being an authentic leader.
Which of these 21 habits can you practice today? Remember, when the leader gets better, everyone gets better benefits.
Here’s to your successful habits!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.