15 Critical Keys to Relationship-Management Skills and Emotional Intelligence
I often share with teams and personal leaders the 5 Stages of Relationships:
The truth is, all relationships take work– marriages, partnerships, business connections, team dynamics, and friendships.
(Note: Try to pick out your two strongest keys and two areas of opportunities)
- You are open and curious in conversations.
- You put others at ease.
- You avoid being distracted.
- You focus more on their interest than yours.
- You welcome feedback and critique.
- You build trust through transparency and authenticity.
- You rarely jump to judgment.
- You manage emotions well when faced with a challenging relationship.
- You acknowledge the feelings of others.
- You show genuine care and show it.
- You explain decisions, rather than just making them.
- You provide constructive feedback as well as appreciation.
- ou welcome career-development discussions.
- You tackle tough conversations with empathy first.
- You display the “golden rule” with every relationship.
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.