10 Choices That Define a Life of Significance
I’ve heard that someday, our life will be summarized in a handful of statements… why not choose them now?
What will your decision be?
Often, I will ask leaders to write out their “preferred best day,” outlining their day from the time they get up to the time they lay down at night. It’s quite amazing one’s ability to choose. We can choose a lot in our day— some are small choices, while others are significant.
“When you live with intentionality, you know and understand that every day is your time to make a difference.”
Here’s my list of 10 Choices That Define a Life of Significance:
- I choose to write and live out my story of significance daily.
- I choose to forget the past and focus on the future, for I believe it’s good.
- I choose to live with intentionality with my family and work, not just good intentions.
- I choose to start small but believe big— I ignore small voices and listen to the creator of a big universe.
- I choose to follow my purpose with a full heart of passion— life is short and each day is a script of potential possibilities.
- I choose to honor others by being a servant— unselfish and gracious.
- I choose to believe the best in others and celebrate others success, refusing to gossip.
- I choose to connect with like-minded leaders who are striving to make a big impact for good and lasting value.
- I choose a pace that is sustainable and allows for joys, goodness, and simplicity.
- I choose my faith to be center and my family be first in my precious time— I refuse to clutter my schedule with trivial pursuits.
What is a life of significance for me?
Making a difference— a positive and impactful difference in the lives of others.
We make our choices and our choices make us. I encourage you to keep living intentionally— and take action in some small way every day.
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
Bring Steve’s customized and personalized programs to your next event!
Contact Michelle Joyce or call 704-965-2339.
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.