The Science and Benefits to Positive Thinking
I’ve spent almost two decades investing in leaders— pouring vital information into the importance of attitudes, emotions, and moods. At times, it has felt like an uphill battle and some have devalued the prioritization of what I teach. Soft skills are nice but we need to move the needle in business, and science is backing me up on that statement. It’s not soft, it’s hard-edge leadership benefits… think about it.
According to the University of Wisconsin- Madison, “There is a science that is emerging that says a positive attitude isn’t just a state of mind. It also has linkages to what’s going on in the brain and in the body.”
- Lower cardiovascular risk
- Lower levels of stress hormone, cortisol
- Less inflammation
- Strengthened immune system
- Decreased negative stress
- Greater resistance to the common cold and flu
- A sense of well-being and improved health
- Reduced risk of coronary artery disease
- Easier breathing and reduction of lung disease
- Improved coping skills during hardships and setbacks
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “not good at all” and 10 being “outstanding,” how would you rate yourself as a positive thinker?
1. Your positive thinking releases the potential of what is possible through you. Stay positive, think positive, and speak positive!
2. Your positive thinking draws toward your positive responses. It sets in motion the law of attraction. Everything grows and is drawn toward the sun, light, and the positive.
3. Your positive thinking keeps life in perspective. Don’t make mountains out of molehills. Life is short, keep your perspective positive.
Attention leaders, your attitude and positive thinking matters. It can turn a stale, sour environment into a radiant, innovative, and upbeat culture.
Today, and all week, think positive!
NOTE: Now is the perfect time to inject a positive inflow of positive training into your team. Let’s partner together in 2018 to grow positive results! Each of our leadership programs are customized around your teams needs and challenges. We customize around your culture and most importantly, your desired must haves. Give your team the competitive advantage and arm them with the tools and strategies to succeed with unbeatable confidence!
As a master storyteller, Steve has unparalleled ability to communicate dynamic business and leadership truths through stories, anecdotes and humor. Harness the power of the “number one” predictor of professional success, impact, leadership, high performance and sustainable relationships in business and life. Steve’s highest rated keynote presentation.
To book Steve today, contact Michelle Joyce!
(For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching.)
“The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance. ”
About the Author
Steve Gutzler is the President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company. Steve is a dynamic, highly-sought-after speaker who has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a list of clients including Microsoft, Starbucks, the Seattle Seahawks, Pandora Radio, Boeing, Cisco, Starwood Corporation, the Ritz Carlton group, and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He recently was voted #1 by the readership of Huffington Post as the Most Inspirational Leader on Social Media.
A published author on leadership and emotional intelligence, Steve resides near Seattle with his wife Julie where they enjoy time with their three adult children and six grandchildren.