Leaders know they cannot manage time; they know they can only manage their thoughts, choices, and actions. - Steve
Sadly, most people today are in "give up" mode when it comes to daily calendars and time mastery. They run, chase, bounce to and from, multitask, and dart from task to task. It is a daily rhythm that has no rhythm. Frustrated and exhausted, they have accepted the new-normal of chaos and information overload.
The clock is my dictator, I shall not rest.
It makes me lie down only when exhausted.
It leads me to the deep depression, it hounds my soul.
It leads me in circles of frenzy for activities’ sake.
Even though I run frantically from task to task,
I will never get it all done, for my “ideal” is with me.
Deadlines and my need for approval, they drive me.
They demand performance from me, beyond the limits of my schedule.
They anoint my head with migraines, my in-basket over-flows.
Surely fatigue and time pressure shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the bonds of frustration forever.
We laugh and smile because we too empathize with this.
There are ways to combat this constant battle of time versus productivity.
Rethinking Your Time and Recapturing Your True Identity:
- Create a daily rhythm that has both meaning and achievement.
- Structure a day that realizes life is fast-paced, but you can choose prioritization.
- Realize life will never settle down until I choose to settle it down.
- More work usually means less life; less work or more productive work means more life.
- How I invest my 1,440 minutes each day impacts my self-concept, my identity, and my deepest relationships.
- I cannot control time, but I can control how I invest and respond to time.
Remember: What you invest your time in, defines who you are and ultimately your personal influence!
Blessings to you this week,
For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching, contact Steve's team at: email@example.com or call: (425) 681-9871.
The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance.
Copyright © 2016
Steve Gutzler and Leadership Quest
All rights reserved.