I am very fortunate to have an inspiring collection of leadership coaching clients. We each have taken "a pledge" to be "Corporate Athletes". We emphasize health and fitness, recognizing our personal best leadership requires it. Each of us are at different stages and seasons of our development, but it is exciting to witness our energy levels increasing based on great Corporate Athlete habits.
Kory Avaiusini, the CEO of WideNet, is an outstanding leader. We have partnered together now for 5 years in leadership coaching. He recently sent me a great list of Nutrition Reminders from Men's Fitness Magazine.
Here are your Corporate Athlete Nutrition Reminders:
- Lean Protein: chicken, turkey breast, pork loin
- Egg whites
- Whole grains
- Brown rice
- Nuts, seeds
- Fiber fruits: apples, pears, berries
- "Non starchy" vegetables (err, hold the mashed potato please!)
Remember, we all should be consuming at least 5 fruits AND Vegetables daily!
Food to Eliminate:
- Tortilla chips (ouch!)
- White flour
- the "3 S's" : unhealthy snacks, seconds, sweets
We emphasize health and fitness, recognizing our personal best leadership requires it. - SG
- Breakfast: scrambled egg whites with vegetables, protein shakes, steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, black coffee only
- Lunch: salad, chicken, salmon, veggies, spinach
- Dinner: protein, protein, protein! vegetables, unlimited power foods (almonds, avocado) and sparingly fruit
- Goal Snacks: apple with nut butter or almond butter, tuna/avocado boats (see recipe below), unsalted nuts, dried fruit
- Forbidden: flour, starch, sugar, soda, juices, anything fried or breaded
Prep time 10 mins
Total time 10 mins
1 avocado, cut in half, pit removed, diced, skins reserved
1 5-ounce can White Albacore Tuna in Water, water drained
Half of a tomato, diced, about 3 tablespoons
1 stalk of celery, chopped, about 3 tablespoons
Small handful of parsley, chopped, about 2 tablespoons
Juice from half a lemon
Instructions: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients in and mix them together with a fork. Really smash the avocado to break it up. Divide the mixture between the 2 avocado skins and serve.
Kory and I both share the personal goal of following this 80% of the time. For starters, you may keep this list close by for shopping and to remind yourself of the Corporate Athlete Protocols for Nutrition.
Here's to your health and fitness! (and special thanks to Kory!)
For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching, contact Steve's team at: email@example.com or call: (425) 681-9871.
The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance.
Copyright © 2016
Steve Gutzler and Leadership Quest
All rights reserved.