If people are working for just a paycheck or making it until Friday, they will dry-up on the inside and become frustrated. Title or position chasing is equally frustrating. On the other hand, if people keep growing, learning, and expanding their potential, their future is bright and exciting!
Bright and exciting, now those are two words that spark hope and satisfaction! To be successful you have to keep reinventing yourself, stretching. As a leader I remind myself daily to grow, learn and add to who I am.
I have studied:
If you are leading people who you sense have settled into a role or position, try to help them open their eyes and think beyond today. Paychecks and positions do not inspire. They might provide a small bump of momentum, but over time it dissipates.
I personally believe one of the primary roles of a leader is to inspire greatness in others. To unlock a person's potential and create an environment for health, vitality and personal productivity.
Here are 4 Ways Leaders Inspire Others to Peak Performance:
1. Inspire with Passion: As a leadership coach and expert in the field of Emotional Intelligence, I remind my clients all the time, "You are contagious!"
Leaders, share your passion. It can attract other passionate people and it can spark a flame in people who might not otherwise be passionate. If they can understand and connect with the vision you have and feel, there is a good chance you will inspire their passion too!
2. Inspire a Great Future. One of my favorite aspects of leadership coaching is to paint a picture of my client's future... One that will inspire them to work hard today.
I am currently updating my 50 Dreams List: (These documented dreams drive me with purpose. They inspire my future.)
- 10 Inspiring Accomplishments
- 10 Inspiring Travel Destinations
- 10 Inspiring People I Would Love to Meet
- 10 Inspiring Milestones I Plan to Realize
- 10 Inspiring Legacies I want to pay forward
3. Show Others Their Leadership Impact. Everyone makes a difference every day. The question is... What kind of difference are you making? Leaders show others they can lead. Their influence matters daily. Their personal impact is significant. Their ability to inspire others by their behaviors and what they model, is game-changing.
4. Inspire Them to Try - Learn - Grow. Great leaders provide environments for personal development and growth. People who make growth a goal, instead of a title, position, salary or other external target, always have an expanding future. People do not catch fire from a leader who has grown cold himself.
One of the most successful organizations I am partnering with right now started years ago with coaching only the primary leader. Within 6 months he asked if I could coach his leadership team. Each of those members is now committed to a personal development plan and growing dynamically. And trust me... productivity, influence and personal satisfaction is on the rise.
How can you can inspire greatness in others this week?
Here's to Building Better Leaders!
Blessings to you,
For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching, contact Steve's team at: email@example.com or call: (425) 681-9871.
The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance.
Copyright © 2016 Steve Gutzler and Leadership Quest, All rights reserved.
4580 Klahanie Dr SE #102
Issaquah, WA 98029