"A goal properly set is halfway reached" - Abraham Lincoln
Create an "I want" list:
I recently recorded in my journal an "I want" list. One of the quickest ways to begin clarifying what you truly want is to make a list of 25 things you want to do, 25 things you want to have, and 25 things you want to be before you die. This is a great way to fire up your passions and results.
After articulating your wants... choose the goals you most want to work on. A powerful way of more effectively setting goals is to use the SMARTEST Goals. These are goals that are:
Questions for SMARTEST Goals - Eight ways to set effective goals and ramp up results:
- Specific - How can you state your goal in one, simple, specific sentence?
- Measurable - How will you and others know when you have reached this goal?
- Attainable - Is this goal within your reach?
- Relevant - Why is the goal important to you? How is it relevant to you?
- Time-bound - What is the date and time by which you will commit to reaching this goal?
- Engaging - Is this truly your heart's desire?
- Satisfying - In what way would attaining this goal bring you satisfaction and joy?
- Team-based - Who are the people who could work with you on this dream?
In my experience in coaching outstanding clients and world-class teams... goal-setting changes everything. When you have goals worth pursuing, your passion sparks and energy is released! You can make this season your BEST by creating and achieving breakthrough goals.
"You want to set a goal big enough that in the process of achieving it, you become someone worth becoming." - Jim Rohn
Partnering in your success,
Announcing Steve's Latest Presentation and Team Workshop:
Breakthrough Success - Proven Techniques for Making Impossible Dreams Possible
For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching, contact Steve at: email@example.com or call: (425) 681-9871.