Your best leaders are listeners. Listening builds better team trust and brings out the best in others. In a recent poll asking "What traits do you admire most about your leader?" Next to character and integrity, was the ability to listen.
Effective listening requires more than hearing the words transmitted. It demands that you find meaning and understanding in what is being said. After all, meanings are not in the words, but in people.
10 Ways you can improve your listening skills as a leader:
- Listen with a head-heart connection.
- Listen with the intent of understanding
- Listen for the message behind the message
- Listen for both content and feelings
- Listen with exceptional eye-contact
- Listen for others' interest, not just their information
- Listen for what they are not saying
- Listen with empathy and acceptance
- Listen with enthusiasm
- Listen as you would like to be listened to
Emotional Intelligence is the #1 predictor of success and peak performance. Renew you and your team's listening skills and emotional intelligence with Steve Gutzler's Award Winning Training: Emotional Intelligence for Exceptional Performance and Leadership.
Here's to partnering in your success!
For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching, contact Steve at: email@example.com or call: (425) 681-9871.