What decision do you need to make?
- A business decision around direction and focus?
- A team decision, getting the right people in the right place?
- A prioritization decision around where to invest (not spend) your time?
A few years back I read, Jack: Straight from the Gut by Jack Welch. In it I read the following 6 rules for successful leadership:
- Control your destiny or someone else will.
- Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it were.
- Be candid with everyone.
- Do not manage, lead.
- Change before you have to.
- If you do not have a competitive advantage, do not compete.
For years I kept Welch's rules close. I would often review and then assess my life and leadership. Often success and new momentum is just one decision away from what needs to be made.
Remember: Do not manage your life, lead it! Great leaders who lead great teams face reality and make great decisions.
Select one rule this week and act on it. Be courageous about your decision and let the good results take care of themselves.
You may want to invest in your team, it has the power of multiplying your success.
Here's to successful leadership!
For information on keynote presentations, team workshops, and one on one coaching, contact Steve's team at: email@example.com or call: (425) 681-9871.
The purpose of Leadership Quest is to help professionals develop their personal leadership, vision and emotional intelligence. Everyday I strive to help leaders and teams achieve their desired goals in sales productivity, leadership, time maximization, and life-balance.
Copyright © 2016
Steve Gutzler and Leadership Quest
All rights reserved.