Thank you to the American Academy of Family Physicians for the incredible privilege of presenting at this years Leadership Conference!
I loved their theme, "The Leader Within Me Is..." Each member filled in the blank over the course of the week— fearless, proactive, gracious, bold, revolutionary, personable, compassionate, and warm. It was an extraordinary week filled with learning and networking.
My two contributions came on Friday as I spoke on "How Leaders Perform Best Under Pressure" and "Unleash the Leader Inside of You!"
I challenged these gifted and dedicated Physicians to make the most of their leadership and significant calling but to also fall "back in love" with what they do.
My challenge to you is to be a leader (or Physician) that...
- Says, "I want to make a real difference"
- Does something that makes a difference
- Surrounds him/herself with people who make a difference
What are you doing to be a real "difference maker" daily?
Don't ever get diluted into thinking your influence is not "that signifiant." I ultimately believe we are called to change lives one at a time.
Here are 10 high impact qualities of difference makers:
- Think of others first
- Think beyond your self-interest
- Build a fire of passion and compassion
- Build a team that compliments your gifts in order to multiply your impact
- Be positive, optimistic, and contagious
- Be active. not passive
- Stand out by serving
- Treat each day as God's gift to you
- Be a difference maker
- Fall back in love with what you do
To the great Family Physicians who show us compassion and hope, this is to you! To those Physicians who showed me their passion, dedication, and vulnerability. I say, "thank you" for making a big difference, daily!